Thursday, 29 May 2014

The Clarity of Humility

"A lady who was a doctor and worked in a hospital came one day and said to me, "It is impossible to stay in my work...Because the director there of the clinic is very nasty to me and I cannot work there anymore and I'm thinking of abandoning my job completely." 

I said to her lets try to make an experiment, stay there where you are but try to change yourself.

She said, "how?"

"Start praying" I said to her like that, "Lord I thank Thee that through this man You're showing me how far is my heart from You and I cannot keep my peace."

She started praying like that, "Lord I thank Thee that through this man You're showing me how far is my heart from You..." and after two weeks the director of this clinic went to visit this young lady doctor and said to her, "Either you are no longer the same person or I made a mistake."

And the whole thing changed and there was a perfect harmony in their collaboration and working together.

...But she had to humble her self and not to have any bitterness at all and have complete confidence in God that He can speak to his heart good things, and put herself under that and within two weeks she won the victory.

It's a matter of faith...if we reason humanly and on a psychological level there is no way out, but if we manage to do what our fathers taught us...what did they say?

I'll give you an example from the Desert Fathers...One novice went to St Pimon the Great, and said to him , "father I think I have got the unceasing prayer."

He began to think he acquired the prayer of the heart... And the saint said to him "and you think that is a great thing? The great thing is to put yourself under ever creature"

That is the reasoning of our fathers. If we manage to humble our selves before the other..."

+ Father Zacharias of Essex, Human Relationships In the Light of Christ 3 of 5, http://youtu.be/e2HoJOYisQk